Friday, March 20, 2009

Organization

I did it! I tackled the Giant Monster in my life. TOYS. With some help from a gracious Hubby I tackled our outgrown, overabundant supply of toys this week. I threw in some rearranging for good measure. Are ya ready for this??? (Don't forget you can click on a picture to see it larger)

Here we go. This is Gideon's room. He's 4 and I had taken the sides off of his bed and he fell out 2 nights in a row. So, they are back indefinitely.



Here's the other side of the room. I painted an old dresser navy blue years ago for him. I love it. There's a few ribbons on the wall that I clothespin his artwork on to.


Here is his bookshelf and toys. Just before he was born my Mom helped me cover those 4 cardboard boxes with batting and fabric and add the plane and star to the front. They are holding up really well. A good friend snagged the wall shelf/airplane at a yard sale and I painted it.


Here's what Gideon's room looks like now! It is Both the boys room!! It's a hair tight in there, but we will bunk the beds as soon as they can handle it. And the room is now just for sleeping and getting dressed. NO MORE TOYS!!! Wheeeeee



Here's Gabe's (old) room. This picture was taken when we were transitioning him to a "big boy" bed. Thus the pack-n-play.


Here is Gabe's (old) room Now!!!

Ta Da! The new play room!!! Toy central. Warning: toys removed from this room are at risk of confiscation.


Here's the other side of the room. For now the changer stays. We are very close to potty trained...but not quite. So, it stays. That's Gabe's artwork on his ribbons.



Here Gideon is Drilling his brother's neck as I try to get a nice picture.


I want you to see the labels that I worked so hard on yesterday. See 'em on the boxes?


I just love these blue "recycle" bins for toys. They are sturdy enough for boys and stackable so they can actually get to the stuff in the bottom. About $8. each at Lowes Home Improvement.


Here is a picture label up close. I just print it in a wallet size on cheap paper and use packing tape to affix it to the proper container. Little guys can easily put toys back in the right place with this system.


Train track label.


The boys are Loving their new play room and cleaning up is so much better than before.

Does anyone have any other toy organizing ideas that have helped you? It is still tricky to find a place for some things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love, the blue recycle bins - I must get some!! I have regular small clear bins with lids stacked on top of each other for Heidi and she can see whats in them, but it frustrates her to try to get the bottom ones out. Your labels are perfect. That playroom looks really fun - I'm sending Heidi to you tomorrow, she'll play in there for a week!! (You wouldn't even have to feed her I bet!!)

Oh, and I love Gideon drilling Gabe!!! Such love!