Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Out with the Girls

Saturday night afforded a rare opportunity. A night out with friends.

We kicked off the evening at a Japanese Steak house. What a treat! I had never experienced this before.

Here is our chef. (He probably has a fancier title than this but I don't know what it is.) Does our Japanese chef look a little Mexican to you too??? He's scrambling eggs (with style) here.

He was pretty funny and the food was great.



At this point he set his hand on fire. I missed it and asked him to do it again!!!! Poor guy. Sorry, guess I shouldn't have asked!

Since my flash didn't go so off it's blurry. I kindly refrained from asking him to do it again.


Then we headed to the brand new Ikea. It was enormous. We walked the entire place and I snapped pictures like a maniac. The only problem was that I only had my tiny camera and the poor thing didn't want to flash. It was set to auto, but the batteries must have been too low to flash. Anyway, all my pics from the night are a blur, but at least I do have some pics.

I found Rodney's dream room:

Yes, bookshelves and books from floor to ceiling with an access ladder (not pictured) and a comfy couch.

Here's the crew just before we "checked out." Not that anyone purchased anything. Did I mention there was a juggler, plate spinner, a whole bunch of parking lot attendants, and free childcare!!!! It is a little more like an amusement park! Don't they look like they had fun?


We ended our night with a movie.

What a treat it was. Christian friends are such a precious gift from God. I feel so blessed for a group that kindly accepts this crazy preacher's wife into their circle. Perhaps they'll let me go again next time! :)

No comments: