Monday, October 19, 2009

Busy days around here!

My Honey has been Attacking the "Honey do list" with a vengeance during these last three weeks! -insert big WHOO HOOO here-

This past Saturday we thought we would do some projects... this is the third Saturday that we have been working on home improvement stuff. We are taking advantage of the great weather. I must say though, last Saturday, October 10th, it was over 85 degrees and about 90% humidity!! So, we cleaned out the garage.... and our pores tooooooo!! Some fall weather. :) Anyway, it was cooler this past Saturday, a mere seven days later... VERY cool! It was about 58 degrees, I think. Too bad we sold Rodney's old (way too big now) coat on Ebay!! He couldn't very well stain and sand in his new jacket. ... so I, kindly, suggested that he do all the sanding so he could stay warm.

This table has served us well. We picked it up at a yard sale in Knoxville, TN for a mere $50 for the table, two leaves, and 5 chairs. The top has never been perfect, but as the years have gone by it has gotten tacky. So, we are sanding and refinishing just the top. I think we matched it pretty good too!

The boys enjoyed the very chilly day outside too.


Daddy said he would pay them a penny per pecan if they'd pick them up. (Is it overprotective if your child wears a helmet to pick up pecans??)


Ready for the first coat! That one table leaf is just a home made one that came with it.... thus the non matching.


Time to warm up. This is just after the monumental first Hot Chocolate of the Season!! The boys LOVE hot chocolate. (note the substitute kitchen table)

Rodney pulled his OLD Simon game out and tried to teach them to play it. Boy, was that a hoot!!! The game would blink, Red, Blue. Gideon would push blue!! Then it would do Red, Blue, Green and He would hit GREEN!!! AHHHHH It was SO funny! Perhaps 5 year olds REALLY can't play games rated for 7 and up.


Those Red Hillers reading this might say this is Rodney "Practicing what he Preached." Sunday it was all about not complaining.



Well, let me tell you, the whole time he scraped that putrifying, decaying mouse off of the floor behind the washing machine, he didn't complain a bit!!!!! Not even from the horrendous, nauseating smell! ACKKKK


No complaining here as he cleans rotting mouse off the rake!! LOL (I'm dying laughing here.) But he really didn't complain...actually we had to laugh over our first major complaining test of the Day.


Ok, on to other things.

See this chair? Got it for $20 in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania at a thrift store about 6 or more years ago. (I had recovered the seat, obviously during my "Plaid" phase. Did anyone else have a plaid phase?)

Sorry for the bad photo, I actually forgot to take a "before" and had to dig this one up and crop it out.



Saturday and Today I painted and recovered it. Now it goes with my new makeup table in my bedroom. Don't ya love my oval mirror??? $2 at a yard sale in Knoxville, didn't even have to paint it!! (the sign above it says ---> Seaside Delightful Days ) My Sweetheart got the table and lamp for me for my B-day!!


What a blessed girl I am!!


One non-complaining day down..... lots to go!

1 comment:

Julia T. said...

Love the chair!!!!! :) B-e-a-utiful! :) u did a great job.