Monday, October 5, 2009

Pastor Appreciation Supper!

Tonight four wonderful ladies in our church brought supper to our house for Pastor appreciation Month!!

Complete with flowers, the meal included:
pears
sweet corn
green beans
candied yams (hammy yams as Gideon says)
butter (lima, for us Northerns) beans (they must have known I am completely inept at making southern butter beans like my Husband loves.)
broccoli casserole
home made sour dough bread
home made rolls
butter pecan bread (I tried not to eat the whole loaf)
slices of cake (didn't have room to taste and see what kind)
pumpkin cookies for the boys
dog bones for the boys (graham crackers)



OH, and rotisserie chicken... how could I forget... Gabe tore up a leg and then licked the bone.... I have proof. ... see next pic.


Gideon couldn't get enough in at a time. Notice how many forks he has!!!


The boys greeted each lady at the door with pure excitement!


I hope I didn't forget anything... I don't FEEL like I forgot to eat anything. Whewwwww!
Thanks so very much to all the ladies who brought us food! It was so thoughtful and we enjoyed it very much!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What sweet ladies you have in your church! Sounds like it was really yummy!