Monday, February 9, 2009

All Geared Up and ready to go



It takes about 2 hours and 14 minutes (give or take a few hours) to get everyone suited up, but here they are all ready.

They are obviously going to be doing something unbelievably dangerous.

.... risky
.... life threatening

We're not taking any chances.

Knee pads ... check
Elbow pads ... check
Wrist pads ... check




Custom fitted Helmets....well, Gabe's kept falling backwards... and Gideon's rests on his glasses...

Close enough ... check




We are feeling brave...we're going in.
I give them the pep talk. ...
and myself, "I am not an overprotective Mom, I am not an overprotective Mom...)





O.K. so this is not what I had in mind when I spent the 2 hours and 14 minutes (approximately) gearing them up. But, of course, they are boys and they don't care what I prepared them for. They're gonna do what they feel like doing...



I made the neighbor boy get on this bike and pose for me so I'd feel better.

Gabe never set a foot on a pedal.

But he looked tough.
And he was very safe.
And very prepared.
...for something...

Sunny and in the 70's I just love Carolina in February.

No comments: