Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hecklers


heck⋅le

[hek-uhl] Pronunciation
verb, -led, -ling, noun –verb (used with object)


1. to harass (a public speaker, performer, etc.) with
impertinent
questions, gibes, or the like; badger.

Ahhhh the perfect word to describe my children while I'm cooking.... well... cooking, baking, reading, eating, blogging,..... well, you get the point.

I've decided they are going to grow up to be professional hecklers.
They are in training.

Since we were snowed in Yesterday I decided to whip up a confectionary delight.

Under great duress (you Mothers of preschoolers know
what I mean) I managed to Actually remember
all the ingredients of the cupcakes.


A Heckling face if I ever saw one.
This kid taunted me while I iced my lovely confections.
"What about THIS tray full Momma, where's the icing for these cupcakes????"

me, "I have plenty, just watch me."

4 year old, "No you don't Momma. No you don't."


me, "Oh, yes I do! SEEEEEE"... hoping he won't notice
the vast difference in icing coverage from the first well
endowed tray to the second more sparsely iced tray.



A third Heckler got involved (who shall remain nameless)
and there was some spatula licking going on.


Is it any wonder they wanted to choose their cupcake when
it was FINALLY time to eat them?? Like one
was REALLY different than the other.

Boys.... Hecklers in training.


ps. Please comment if you enjoy a picture or article.
It makes my day!

3 comments:

Mast said...

Funny, Funny! I wonder who that third heckler could be??? JM

Anonymous said...

I love this!!! Congratulations on starting your blog!! Love you!
Wendy

Mast said...

Ha we are living parallel lives!!! I was just scolding my youngins for bothering me while i was making their lunches yesterday. I couldn't find the right word to describe it but you did... heckling!-Lisa