Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Beautiful Snowy Night

Perhaps standing at my front door in p.j.'s was not a
great place for a parson's wife to be, but I couldn't resist.

The huge flaky snow was positively glorious.


Since it was 1 a.m. I was figuring most sane folks were in
their warm bed. Not sticking their camera out the door and freezing to death!



This is without flash and using a very slow shutter speed.
The blurry lights on the left are the church.
You can really tell just how much was coming down.


Here's the same shot with the flash and fast shutter speed.


For maybe 15 minutes the flakes were Enormous.



After about 10 shots I finally scored this one.



I love this one because the church is in the background.

So next time you photograph snow try a few
without flash and hold Really still!

Thanks for reading my first post ever!!! Wheeeeeee



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very BEAUTIFULLY created, Danielle! Now I'll be stopping by your site, too, to keep up with ya'll. ;-) Love, Camila