Saturday, February 7, 2009

Laundry: the bane of every Mother, the death of every Mother of Boys


Here's my lovely laundry room.
It is spacious, sunny and has a great slop sink.

But....

It's not IN my house.

On the Left in this picture is the room in question.
On the right is our back door and the porch.


Now, I'm not complainin' here, but let's just say I hope people's eyesight isn't very keen because there were times that I accidentally left the outfit I wanted out there.... and dashed across to retrieve it in my p.j's. Those are the glorious moments in a Pastors wife's life. Folks beeping their horn and waving with a big smile...while I hunker down behind the car, makeupless and underdressed, hoping there was just a deer in the road or a cow they were beeping at....


Having seen enough (perhaps literally) ..... the church folks have kindly put my washer and dryer inside now.

I knew there would be many benefits, but here's one that didn't occur to me.





Hey, this is the country...we put 'em Young'uns to work early here!

The boys actually think doing laundry is great fun!

Gabe asked me the other day if we could do his laundry. Then he proceeded to go get it and load it in! Wooooo Hoooooo Heaven for this Momma! This is awesome!

One day they escaped their naps and I found them like this! Good thing that door locks while it's running! Can you imagine if it didn't???

Recap:
Things I'll never again take for granted....indoor laundry facilities.

Blessings:
Boys who still think doing laundry is great.
Kind people who take on a hard project and get it completed. (the indoor move was not without it's glitches!)
That I don't have to scrub my laundry down in the Crick. (creek for you Southerners :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, if Loren saw this he would probably report you for child abuse like he tried to do when he saw pics of Heidi using the dust mop in her new room!! We'll keep it between us though - I'm with you, A Mommy's gotta take all the help she can get!!!